Adoption from MedlinePlus
Adoption from MedlinePlus http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/adoption.html
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What’s involved in an adoption home study?
- What are some special considerations involved in adopting a sexually abused child?
- What sort of vaccinations are recommended for internationally adopted children?
- What is open adoption?
- How many birth parents refuse contact with their adopted out children?
This overview page links to a number of related topics. Scroll down to “specific conditions” to learn more about these special cases of adoption:
- Foster Parents Considering Adoption
- Gay and Lesbian Adoptive Parents: Resources for Professionals and Parents
- International Adoption: Health Information for International Travel
- Military Families and Adoption
- Openness in Adoption
- Transracial and Transcultural Adoption
The format of MedlinePlus topic pages are discussed in detail in the entry for MedlinePlus Health Topics.