MedlinePlus Medical Tutorials
MedlinePlus Medical Tutorials – http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/tutorial.html
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What happens during a barium enema?
- What is Knee Arthroscopy?
- What is the Ponseti Method of clubfoot treatment?
A group of interactive flash tutorials. Each tutorial contains animated graphics, audio and text.
The tutorials are divided into the categories of Diseases and Conditions, Tests and Diagnostic Procedures, Surgery and Treatment Procedures, and Prevention and Wellness. Many of the tutorials will be useful to people writing about specific conditions. Here are a few representative tutorials:
- Hepatitis C
- Coronary Angiography and Possible Angioplasty
- Heart Valve Replacement
- Warfarin (blood thinner) – Introduction for New Users
If you don’t have Flash, each tutorial also has a text summary covering the main points of the tutorial. These tutorials will likely be very helpful in describing disease symptoms and treatment procedures.