An Annotated Bibliography of Marines in the American Revolution
An Annotated Bibliography of Marines in the American Revolution. Carolyn A. Tyson and Rowland P. Gill. 1972. 76 pp.
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- Where can I find a source to identify a uniform button?
- Where can I locate descriptions and photos of British firearms?
- Where can I learn more about Massachusetts privateers?
The bibliography is divided into the following sections:
- General Works
- Bibliographies, Reference Works, and Finding Aids
- Uniform History and Design
- Arms and Military Manuals
- Military Campaigns, Operations, and Administration
- Biographies, Diaries, Memoirs, Journals, and Correspondece
The introduction to the bibliography contains a concise history of Continental Marine operations during the American Revolution.