Revolutionary War Bookshelf from US Army Center of Military History
Revolutionary War Bookshelf from US Army Center of Military History – http://www.history.army.mil/html/bookshelves/resmat/rw.html
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- How did a divided command affect British plans to seize Philadelphia, the then capital of the United States?
- When were the first shots of the American Revolution were fired?
- What was the wagon department and when was it established.
A listing of published materials and archival records held by the Center related to the US Revolutionary War. Each type of material has its own tab. For an overview of the various campaigns and battles in the war, be sure to read:
- The American Revolution: First Phase: (an extract from American Military History, Volume 1 – revised 2005)
- The Winning of Independence, 1777-1783: (an extract from American Military History, Volume 1 – revised 2005)
Aside from this broad overview, articles on a few specific battles and the challenges of supplying Washington’s army are covered.