From Shanghai to Corregidor: Marines in the Defense of the Philippines
From Shanghai to Corregidor: Marines in the Defense of the Philippines. J. Michael Miller. 1997. 44 pp.
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- How did US forces in the Philippines react to the news of Pearl Harbor?
- When did the Japanese first attack positions in the Philippines?
- Where can I find photos and images of the Japanese bombing of the Cavite Navy Yard?
- How did radar contribute to the defense of the Philippines? How did secrecy about radar contribute to US setbacks?
- What was it like to be overrun by enemy forces?
- Where can I find a summary of the Bataan Death March?
A well illustrated 48 page pamphlet lacking either table of contents or index describing operations and Marine units in the Philippines prior the occupation by Japanese forces in World War II. It may offer some inspiration for similar battles in other times and other worlds.