Korean War Online Bookshelf from Center of Military History
Korean War Online Bookshelf from Center of Military History – http://www.history.army.mil/html/bookshelves/resmat/KW.html
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What was done by US forces during “Operation Strangle”?
- How did Task Force Faith save lives in other units while being destroyed?
- How are positions developed during armistice talks?
Links to books, articles on resources related to the Korean War. A few notable resources include:
- The effectiveness of air interdiction (bombing) during the Korean War
- Korean War: The Chinese intervention
- Truce tent and fighting front
If you’re primarily interested in key events and don’t want background in depth, be sure to check out the posters section. Each one page poster has a list of key dates on the left hand side, a map and a short description of what happened during that phase of the war.
For the writer, the materials on the Chinese offensive might be helpful in writing stories of war on other worlds or alternate universes. The account of negotiations, “Truce tent and fighting front,” while plainly biased towards the allied side, may help in stories revolving around wartime diplomacy.