Navy Department Online Reading Room (Vietnam section)
Navy Department Online Reading Room (Vietnam section) – https://web.archive.org/web/20141029213005/http://www.history.navy.mil/library/online/readingroom.htm#vietnam
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What was the official State Department line on why we were involved in Vietnam?
- In the judgment of some analysts, why wasn’t bombing effective at bringing the North Vietnamese to peace talks?
- How can being an underdeveloped country make you less of an attractive bombing target?
A listing of full text DoD and Navy publications relating to the Vietnam War. Notable publications include:
- Questions and Answers – Viet-Nam: The Struggle for Freedom (Sort of an official catechism on why we were there and what we were doing.)
- Bombing As a Policy Tool In Vietnam: Effectiveness – 1972 Congressional report