Marine Corps CREST Student Manual – Chaplain & Religious Program Specialist
Marine Corps MCECST Student Manual – Chaplain & Religious Program Specialist – http://www.trngcmd.marines.mil/Units/SouthAtlantic/FMTBE/Students/StudentMaterials/MCECSTManual.aspx
UPDATED OCTOBER 2015
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- How do I diagnose nerve agent poisoning?
- How do I administer a nerve agent antidote?
- What are the symptoms of blister agent poisoning?
Medical training manual for chaplains and other religious program specialists. The manual is divided into the following sections:
- ANNEX A – USMC Orientation
- ANNEX B – Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (Not provided online. An administrative overview of this program can be found at http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/MCO%201500.54A.pdf)
- ANNEX C – Ministry in Combat Skills
- ANNEX D – Field Survival
- ANNEX E – USMC Common Combat Skills
- ANNEX G – Combat Life Saver Skills
The manual includes chapters on Pastoral Care in a Mass Casualty Situation, Treat Chemical Agent Casualties, M16/ M4 Service Rifle Familiarization and Control Hemorrhage .
Aside from providing basic medical information useful in battlefield stories, the skills described here could easily be incorporated into stories of priests and ministers with surprising skill sets in civilian life. Kind of like Shepherd Book in the Firefly television series.