Medline Plus TBI page
Medline Plus TBI page – http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/traumaticbraininjury.html
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What’s another name for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)?
- How is brain injury diagnosed?
- How long should a character be knocked out to give her moderate to severe TBI?
- What are some best practices for communicating with someone with TBI or PTSD?
Brief description of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) with extensive links to resources related to TBI in a number of areas including:
- Specific Conditions – Including information on Cerebral Hypoxia.
- Clinical Trials
- Children – Including information on Shaken Baby Syndrome.
- Patient Handouts – Including Brain injury – discharge.
Taken together, these resources ought to take your character from initial injury to long-term complications.