MedlinePlus page on Military and Veteran Health
MedlinePlus page on Military and Veteran Health http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/veteransandmilitaryhealth.html
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- Where can I learn more about Agent Orange?
- What infectious diseases does the Defense Department consider related to service in Iraq or Afghanistan?
- What are the symptoms of Coxiella Burnetii (Q Fever)?
- What health concerns do women veterans have?
Overview guide divided into the usual MedlinePlus sections described in the entry for MedlinePlus Health Topics. Highlights include:
- From Specific conditions: Agent Orange, Gulf War Veterans’ Illnesses FAQ, Military Mental Health
- From Related issues: How Acts of Terrorism or War May Affect Veterans, Soldier and Family Guide to Redeploying
- From Tutorials: Anger, Sleep, Work Adjustment
- From Clinical Trials: Persian Gulf War Syndrome
- From Research: Female Veterans Aged 20-39 Less Likely to Use Most Harmful Substances than Male Counterparts, Study Finds Chronic Abnormal Brain Blood Flow in Gulf War Veterans
- From Organizations: Center for Women Veterans
- From Newsletters: Agent Orange Review
- From Statistics: Major Depressive Episode and Treatment for Depression among Veterans Aged 21 to 39