Navy Medicine Directives
Navy Medicine Directives – http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/Pages/default.aspx
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What is an investigational drug and when will the Navy approve its usage?
- What is the procedure for handling classified investigational agents?
- What are the symptoms of Inhalation anthrax?
- What is the prognosis for Melioidosis?
- What are some lesser known but deadly agents I can have characters exposed to?
This site has a mix of medical and medical-administrative publications. Use the left hand column to navigation to publications. Clicking on BUMED instructions seems to be the most productive. Some of the more notable publications include:
- 6710.69 USE OF INVESTIGATIONAL AGENTS IN HUMANS
- 6710.70A GUIDELINES FOR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES INVENTORY
- 6320.99 ADVANCED DIAGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC OPTIONS FOR WOUNDED WARRIOR CARE
- 5042 NAVMED P-5042, TREATMENT OF BIOLOGICAL WARFARE AGENT CASUALTIES
- 5052-26U NAVMED P-5052-26, U.S. NAVY SHIPBOARD PEST MANAGEMENT MANUAL
Check the “Sample Format” section for a whole set of memos and applications that a Navy medical officer might need to fill out.
This site will probably be best utilized in planning what happens to Navy characters. The pest management section might be useful for conventional ships and spaceships.