Unconsciousness – First Aid
Unconsciousness – first aid – http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000022.htm
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What are some questions to ask if a person seems confused after being unconscious?
- What are four things you should NEVER do with an unconscious person?
- Why is breathing an issue with an unconscious person?
- How is unconsciousness different from sleep?
This is a first aid guide from the MedlinePlus encyclopedia on what to do with people who have experienced a period of unconscious. According to the article, emergency services should be called in the following situations:
- Does not return to consciousness quickly (within a minute)
- Has fallen down or been injured, especially if bleeding
- Has diabetes
- Has seizures
- Has lost bowel or bladder control
- Is not breathing
- Is pregnant
- Is over age 50