Alcoholism from MedlinePlus
Alcoholism from MedlinePlus – http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/alcoholism.html
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What are the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal?
- What are signs that someone might be an alcoholic?
- Are the special risks for female alcoholics?
Resource guide providing a short overview of alcoholism, then extensive links to other guides and websites by topic. Some notable links are:
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Naltrexone for alcoholism (American Academy of Family Physicians)
- Screening tests
- Alcohol’s Effects on the Body From the National Institutes of Health(National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)
- Real-Life Stories about Addiction Struggles From the National Institutes of Health
- Excessive Alcohol Use and Risks to Women’s Health (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Alcohol Use and Older Adults NIH Senior Health (National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)