Sibling issues in foster care and adoption from childwelfare.gov
Sibling issues in foster care and adoption from childwelfare.gov – http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/siblingissues/siblingissues.pdf
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What are some non-typical types of sibling relationships?
- What are some typical caseworker attitudes towards placing siblings together?
- How does the rate of sibling incest compare to the rate of parent-child incest?
- What are ways to encourage sibling ties when they cannot be placed together?
Fifteen page publication covering the following topics:
- Defining a sibling relationship
- The importance of siblings
- Sibling relationships in abusive or neglectful families
- Benefits of placing siblings together
- Barriers to placing siblings together
- Policies and practices for keeping siblings together
- When siblings cannot live together
- Maintaining ties between separated siblings
- Sibling issues within the foster or adoptive family
- Resources for promoting intact placement of sibling groups
This publication could be helpful in planning out family relationships.