FBI Capabilities (Behavioral Analysis, Fingerprinting, Hostage negotiation, etc)
FBI Capabilities (Behavioral Analysis, Fingerprinting, Hostage negotiation, etc) – https://www2.fbi.gov/aboutus/capabilities.htm
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What sort of resources can the FBI bring to bear on cases?
- What types of crimes would they investigate and what are their highest priorities?
- What techniques does the FBI use to produce pictures of subjects missing or dead?
- How does the FBI interview child victims?
- What are some factors that can contribute to the identification of a firearm?
This section links to a number of fact sheets on specific FBI capabilities and services. Many of them are forensic in nature. Each fact sheet includes a short overview of the capability discussed, usually with an example of a case solved or aided through the FBI capability. Most fact sheets also link to pages with more information. Topics discussed by this site include:
- Child Forensic Interviews
- Composite Sketches/Crime Scene Reconstructions
- Disaster Victim IDs
- DNA Analysis
- Digital Forensics
- Evidence Recovery
- Firearms Identification
- Forensic Accounting
- Fingerprint IDs & Exams