FBI Internet Fraud
FBI Internet Fraud – http://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/e-scams
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- How can you tell if that e-mail from the FBI is a fake?
- How would a character report an internet scam?
- What is ransomware?
- What are ways that smartphones could be compromised?
News stories and alerts of common internet scams such as:
- Smartphone Users Should be Aware of Malware Targeting Mobile Devices and Safety Measures to Help Avoid Compromise
- E-Mails Containing Malware Sent to Businesses Concerning Their Online Job Postings
- Fraudulent Notification Deceives Consumers Out of Thousands of Dollars
- Involvement in Criminal Activity Through Work-From-Home Scams
- Claims of Being Stranded Swindle Consumers Out of Thousands of Dollars
- New Twist on Counterfeit Check Schemes Targeting U.S. Law Firms
- Mystery/Secret Shopper Schemes