FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin
FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin – http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- How do police handle hostage situations?
- How does law enforcement view “sovereign citizens?”
- Where can I learn more about school violence?
Monthly publication of articles related to law enforcement at the local, state and federal levels. Good for obtaining background. Each December issue has a subject index for that year. Interesting articles published in 2011 included:
- “Police Corruption: An Analytical Look into Police Ethics,” Rich Martin, May, p. 11.
- “Searches of Motor Vehicles Incident to Arrest in a Post-Gant World,” Kenneth A. Myers, April, p. 24.
- “Police Negotiations with War Veterans: Seeing Through the Residual Fog of War,” Douglas Etter, Liane B. McCarthy, and Michael J. Asken, July, p. 1.
- “Ingesting Poison: Adapting to Exposure to Child Pornography,” Nicole Cruz, October, p. 7
- “The Hosam Smadi Case: An Example of Success,” Thomas D. Petrowski, Michael W. Howell, David W. Marshall, and Sheeren Zaidi, September, p. 12.
- “Sovereign Citizens: A Growing Domestic Threat to Law Enforcement,” FBI Counterterrorism Analysis Section, September, p. 20.
The journal appears to have ceased in June 2013. But there is still a lot for writers to mine.