Serial Murder: Multi-Disciplinary Perspective for Investigators
Serial Murder: Multi-Disciplinary Perspective for Investigators – http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- How is serial murder defined?
- How does the FBI deal with media in serial murder cases?
- Why is it important for law enforcement to know traits of psychopathic behavior?
This publication was put out by the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit, the inspiration for the series Criminal Minds. The report contains the following sections plus introductory material and appendices:
- II. Definition of Serial Murder
- III. Causality and the Serial Murderer
- IV. Psychopathy and Serial Murder
- V. Motivations & Types of Serial Murder: Symposium Model
- VI. Investigative Issues and Best Practices
- VII. Forensic Issues in Serial Murder Cases
- VIII. Prosecution of Serial Murder Cases
- IX. Media Issues in Serial Murder Investigations
- X. Issues Regarding Talking Heads in the Media
This report seems like it would be helpful in adding realistic touches to serial killers and to the investigators charged with finding them.