Civil Service Officer Job Categories (State Department)
Civil Service Officer Job Categories (State Department) – http://careers.state.gov/work
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What types of positions are filled by Civil Service Officers?
- Would a Civil Service Officer be likely to be an ambassador?
- What is involved in a background investigation and how long might it take?
Brief summaries of State Department careers through the US-based civil Service. The job categories listed are:
- Foreign Affairs
- Personnel Management
- Management Analysis
- General Accounting and Administration
- Budget Administration
- Legal Counsel
- Passport Visa Services
- Public Affairs
- Contract Procurement
- Information Technology Management
This page also links to these related sections:
- Where We Work
- Who We Look For
- Selection Process
- Vacancy Announcements
You may find the Vacancy Announcements section valuable for details on duties of different types of civil service officers.