Foreign Affairs Handbooks (State Department)
Foreign Affairs Handbooks (State Department) – https://fam.state.gov/
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What determines the classification level of a State Department telegram?
- What does it mean for a post to be on “minimize” status and what conditions could lead to it?
- What are the responsibilities of a Chief of Mission?
- What are the duties of a Pouch Control Officer?
The following handbooks are available from this site:
- 2 FAH-1 Foreign Affairs Manual Handbook
- 2 FAH-2 Post Management Organization Handbook
- 3 FAH-1 Personnel Operations Handbook
- 3 FAH-2 Foreign Service National
- 4 FAH-1 Account Structure and Classification Codes Handbook
- 4 FAH-2 Disbursing Officer Handbook
- 4 FAH-3 Financial Management Procedures
- 5 FAH-1 Correspondence Handbook
- 5 FAH-2 Telecommunications Handbook
- 5 FAH-3 TAGS Terms Handbook
- 5 FAH-4 Records Management Handbook
- 5 FAH-5 Information Technology Systems Handbook
- 5 FAH-7 Graphics Standards Handbook
- 5 FAH-8 Web Development Handbook
- 5 FAH-11 Information Assurance Handbook
- 6 FAH-5 ICASS Handbook
- 14 FAH-1 Department-Wide Personal Property Management
- 14 FAH-2 Contracting Officer’s Representative Handbook
- 14 FAH-3 Acquisition Career Management Program Handbook
- 14 FAH-4 Pouch and Mail Handbook
- 15 FAH-1 Facilities Maintenance Handbook