Intercountry Country Specific Adoption Information from State Department – http://travel.state.gov/content/adoptionsabroad/en/country-information.html
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- Can a Christian adopt a child from Algeria?
- What is the age limit for prospective adoptive parents in China?
- How does Costa Rica define “abandoned children” for the purposes of adoption?
- Who manages intercountry adoptions in Greece?
- Why haven’t Americans been able to adopt Vietnamese children since 2008?
Contains general information about for international adoptions and provides country specific information along with alerts and warnings. Each country fact sheet contains the following sections:
- Alerts and Notices
- Hauge Convention Information
- Who Can Adopt
- Who Can be Adopted
- How to Adopt
- Contact Information – – US and Adoptee government officials and adoption authorities.
- Adoption Statistics
Each country fact sheet also leads to general information about the adoption process.