Child abuse (MedlinePlus) – http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/childabuse.html
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What are some signs of child abuse?
- What happens when a baby is given up at a “safe haven”?
- How is emotionally abuse defined in Minnesota?
An overview of resources related to abuse of children. Notable resources include:
- Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect: Signs and Symptoms
- Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
- Abusive Head Trauma (Shaken Baby Syndrome)
- Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome
- Understanding Child Traumatic Stress
- Definitions of Child Abuse and Neglect: Summary of State Laws
- Grounds for Involuntary Termination of Parental Rights
- Infant Safe Haven Laws: Summary of State Laws
- Mandatory Reporters of Child Abuse and Neglect:Summary of State Laws
- Parental Drug Use as Child Abuse:Summary of State Laws
- State Statutes Search