Arkansas manual of death certificate procedures – http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/certificatesVitalRecords/Documents/Death%20Records/reporting_cause_of_death_manual.doc
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- How long does a doctor have in Arkansas to complete a death certificate?
- What medical information should be excluded from a death certificate?
- What’s the difference between immediate and underlying causes of death?
- Why is organ failure not an acceptable cause of death in Arkansas?
- What special information ought to be entered on a death certificate if the deceased was female?
This 29 page guide offers information on filling out a death certificate in Arkansas. It is notable for having a section called “Information for worried certifiers” which says the only reason to worry is if you’re being asked to sign a blank death certificate. Covers the use of qualifiers like “probably, likely, etc”