Elder abuse (MedlinePlus) –http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/elderabuse.html
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- What are some of the ways that people can locate vulnerable elderly to fleece?
- What are conditions that increase and elder’s chances of being abused?
- What is Adult Protective Services and how do they interact with the elderly?
This page links to information on these particular kinds of abuse under “specific conditions”:
- Financial abuse
- Neglect and self-neglect
- Physical abuse
- Psychological abuse
- Sexual abuse
Other notable resources include:
- Role of Culture in Elder Abuse under “Related Resources”
- National Center on Elder Abuse under “Organizations”
- Mental Capacity, Consent and Undue Influence under “Law and Policy”