Diagnostics Tests from MedlinePlus – http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/diagnostictests.html
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- Under what circumstances might a doctor order a nuclear bone scan?
- How is Amniocentesis done?
- How are Obstetrical Ultrasounds performed and what should women wear to them?
- Under what circumstances might a doctor order a Bronchoscopy?
- Where can I get information on radioisotopes/radionucleotides commonly used in medicine and other applications?
If your character is being tested for a dread disease, this is the place to check out their test. Fact sheets are drawn from multiple organizations. Factsheets from Medlineplus are formatted like the health topics discussed in the entry for MedlinePlus Health Topics. Videos for some procedures, including colonoscopy, are available.