Marine Corps FMST Student Manual – Field Medical Service Technician
Representative questions that can be answered with this resource:
- How do I treat heel spurs?
- What is a Needle Thoracentesis and why would I want to perform one?
- What are the symptoms of radiation exposure?
- What are the symptoms of various snake bites (envenomation)?
- What are the risk factors for combat stress?
This manual is divided into the following sections:
- Block 1 (Concerning basic knowledge of military structure and basic first aid.)
- Block 2 (Mostly about treating various kinds of injuries.)
- Block 3 (Concerning diagnosing and treating chemical, biological and radiological warfare casualities.)
- Block 4 (Triage, urban warfare and casuality evacuation)
- Block 5 (Combat skills)
Representative manual chapters include: Perform Care of the Feet, Perform Emergency Cricothyroidotomy, Manage Abdominal Injuries, Manage Chemical Agent Casualties, Recognize Combat Stress Disorders and IED.